February 7, 2012

Chicken with Spicy Sour Cream Sauce

This is a recipe only post of a very delicious spicy chicken I made the other night.  I have been dealing with some personal issues and have not had much energy for cooking or writing about my creations so this weekend I'm playing a little catch up.  I made this chicken as a quick dinner one night and was amazed at how tasty it turned out.  The cream sauce was spicy and had a good sour cream taste to balance the kick out.  I served it over my Mexican Rice and added some corn and green onion to it for some added freshness.  It was a perfect, quick meal that took my mind off the world at large and the things that have been making my life complicated in recent days.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast halved
  • salt and pepper
  • canola oil
  • chopped onions
  • 1/8 cup chicken broth
  • 1 jalepeno or serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1-1/2 oz cream cheese
  • 1/8 cup sour cream
  • Corn, green onion, tomato, cilantro, other topping of choice
Directions:
  1. Season chicken with salt and pepper (I also added a pinch of cayenne pepper) to taste and brown in small amount of oil in a non nonstick skillet.
  2. Once browned, remove chicken and keep warm in oven.  Deglaze pan with broth and add onions, peppers, and cumin.  Bring to a simmer and reduce 5-7 min.
  3. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream until well blended.  Heat through.
  4. Garnish with green onion/corn/green peppers/etc... and serve with chicken and side of choice (I used Mexican Rice, but would also be good with pasta or white rice).
I thought this was perfect and easy to make.  Next time I make this I will serve it with pasta as a kind of spicy spanish fehttuchini.  Yum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment